Still Have Questions?
Let Us Help!
Smooth Moves Seats
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: Will the boat seat suspension kit work on my boat?
- A: Our kits fit on most pedestal style seats.
- Q: What parts do I need for installation?
- A: Our kits include everything you need for installation, including our installation guide. All you need is a 7/16” socket wrench. Have questions about how to install your Smooth Moves Seat? Check out our installation page or contact us.
- Q: Can the boat seat suspension be mounted on a storage box?
- A: Yes, but keep in mind that the suspension itself is approximately 10.5 inches tall. If you’re mounting to a storage box, please contact us to make sure the correct product is ordered.
- Q: Will your pedestal match the hole pattern in the floor of my boat?
- A: Our pedestal bases measure 9” in diameter with an 8” diameter from center of holes. This measurement is standard in most boats.
- Q: Is the pedestal moveable?
- A: No, our boat seat suspension kits include a fixed pedestal.
- Q: Will the boat seat suspension work on a bass boat?
- A: Unfortunately, our suspensions are too tall to mount to the bench seat of a bass boat.
- Q: How much does the boat seat suspension weigh?
- A: The full kit weighs 47 - 49 pounds, dependent on the configuration you choose.
- Q: Do Smoove Move Seats come with a seat cushion?
- A: No, a seat cushion is not included in our kits. We recommend using the seat cushion currently on your boat
- Q: Will my seat still swivel and slide?
- A: Yes, the kit includes a swivel that rotates 360° and locks in the forward position. The boat seat suspension also has a built-in slide, allowing it to slide forward and back up to 6 inches.
- Q: Are these easy to install?
- A: Yes, our kits can be easily installed with simple hand tools. Please see our installation instructions for more guidance on our shock absorbing boat seats.
- Q: Is there a dealer near me?
- A: Let’s find out! Use our dealer locator to see if there’s a dealer near you.
- Q: Do you ship to Canada?
- A: We do! Place your order through our website or contact us at 888-583-2701 to order by phone.
- Q: How soon will my order ship?
- A: Orders typically ship within 2 business days via FedEx Ground.
- Q: How do you remove the boat seat suspension from the pedestal?
- A: Unlock the spider so it swivels and loosen the black wingnut. Pull back the black safety lock at the bottom of the pedestal. It’s spring loaded so we recommend taking a piece of cardboard and putting it between the black safety lock and pedestal in order to use two hands to lift the suspension off. Please see our installation instructions for further illustrations.
- Q: Do I need to do anything to the suspension when I store my boat for winter?
- A: Prior to storing your boat for winter, we recommend backing off the spring tension on the Ultra Boat Seat Suspension and releasing the air on the Air Boat Seat Suspension System.
- Q: How do you maintain the suspension?
- A: Lubricate the springs on the Ultra Boat Seat Suspension once a year if you operate your boat in freshwater and twice a year if you operate in saltwater. Please see our maintenance instructions to learn more.
- Q: How do I adjust the suspension?
- A: The long handle in the middle of the Ultra Boat Seat Suspension tightens the spring tension for varying weights and wave conditions. The round knob on the bottom adjusts the height.
The round knob in the bottom center of the Air Boat Seat Suspension System can be pushed in to add air and pulled out to release air. Please see our installation instructions for further guidance on adjusting your boat seat suspension.
- Q: What is the warranty?
- A: Our Smooth Moves boat seat suspension kits have a three year limited warranty. If something comes up, contact our customer service and we’ll repair or replace the product in question.
We want you to be thrilled with our shock absorbing boat seats, which is why we offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you’re not completely satisfied within 30 days of purchasing your Smooth Moves Seat, contact us or call our customer service at 888-583-2701. We’ll send a return shipping label and refund your payment.
Still Have Questions?